How to Find a Sample of an Argumentative Research Paper
Argumentative research papers are very common in colleges and universities. Students have to write them without much help from the supervisors. In case they need some help, they can find samples of these papers and learn how other students have organized and formatted their works. It is important to use high quality samples, so you need to evaluate the quality of sources. The best way to find helpful argumentative research papers is to search for them in the right places, which are:
- Ask your supervisor to show you good sample papers from his or her collection.
- Visit university library and ask a librarian where you can find good argumentative research papers that can be used as samples.
- Go to an academic writing center and consult an instructor about samples and manuals that you can read to learn more about specific characteristics of argumentative research papers.
- Search for sample papers online, but choose only reliable websites, for example websites of credible writing agencies, universities, libraries, etc.
A good argumentative research paper meets the following requirements:
- Evidences speak for themselves.
- The facts are truthful.
- The sources are cited properly.
- The paper is well structured.
- The material is discussed in a clear manner.
Argumentative paper draws the readers' attention by providing important details and facts that support your position. You do not have to attract your audience with emotions, it is better therefore to use logical argumentation.
It is a bad idea to make up evidence. You should provide true evidence. Weak or biased facts can weaken or even ruin your argumentation. Today, technology makes it easier to find information about anything, so it is reasonable to take your time and choose the right evidence.
Plagiarism is unacceptable, so be careful and cite all the sources that you used. Remember that citations and quotations require different formatting. Paraphrasing also requires citation because you borrow an idea from other source.
An argumentative research paper should be well structured, so the reader can study it and understand your points. It is a good idea to prepare an outline first. There are many sample outlines on the Web, so you can learn how to write them quickly. An outline helps to organize your thoughts and supportive details, and prepare a solid conclusion.
You should know your stuff, otherwise you will not be able to compose a good argumentative paper. It is necessary to learn the subject in detail before you start writing your argumentative research paper. However, remember to study different aspects and the arguments of the opposing side too.